Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bye Bye, October

I had to squeeze in one more post before the month is officially over....

For those of you blog stalkers, I know that you've all been dying to see pics of Ethan's birthday party. There aren't many, but the few that are there are pretty cute. And messy....:) Ethan had a pretty casual party, with two playgroup friends (and their parents - I'm not crazy) and my parents in attendance. Much fun was had by all! (Though my folks left early - I think we wore them out. :)
I thought and thought about what kind of party to have for Mr. Ethan, and decided that at this age, any theme would be more for my enjoyment than for his. He had no idea what the big deal was...didn't know what to do with his gifts, he didn't want to eat anything while everyone was here...so I'm glad that I chose the easy way out when it came to his "cake".
The October fun didn't stop there, though, since Halloween came the week after! I found this fantastic monkey costume at a consignment sale in town about a month ago, and luckily it not only fit his growing body but his monkey-like personality. (Daycare folks: "Does he climb a lot at home?" Uh, yeah.... "He was climbing up the bookcase today, over the table, on the stacks of chairs..." Great!) Ethan's daycare had a Halloween party on Friday, where the kids paraded around the little playground in their costumes, then we all had treats inside and played games. This had to be tons of work for all of the teachers - I could appreciate it after hosting tons of Halloween/Christmas/Valentine's parties of my own - and the kids were obviously having a great time. Though just like at his party, Ethan was more interested in the grapes and whether or not we would let him turn the lights on or off.
His disinterest in the party goings-on may have been due to the fact that Ethan was already coming down with the second big bug of the month. :( We stayed home from trick-or-treating tonight because after a 10 day regimen of antibiotics, Ethan's ear infections were back and his fever jumped back up to 101-103 today. Poor baby. I foresee lots of snuggling in front of Elmo and Baby Einstein tomorrow for the two of us!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love the balloon cupcakes! So cute. And the costume. I feel your ear infection pain after Charlotte's last month. I hope it clears up quickly!

Amy said...

I too love that cake. Very cute costume, too. So smart to get one from a consignment shop!