Saturday, April 30, 2011

Eda Go Running!

#3! That would be the third annual Illinois Marathon. No, I did not run the marathon. While I still love running, I doubt very much that I will be spending that many hours on the road anymore. The half today was the perfect distance, and I took 12 minutes off of last year's time - yeah! Not my best time ever, but considering that I did a 5K as part of the "iChallenge" last night, I'm happy with it. And it felt really good!

Brian and Ethan spent the morning looking for me. :) I was able to catch up with them twice during the run, and could stop and get hugs and kisses before plodding along again. It is really funny to remember last year, and how Ethan was very content to be in the stroller when I met up with them, while this year, he was raring to go with me. "Eda go running! Eda go running!" He was very impatient to join me. (Maybe next year.)

Flashback:
Year 1:
Year 2:
Year 3!
(I have no idea what is happening to my hair in this picture. I'm going to chalk it up to no shower, I had just run 8 miles, and a very windy day!)

1 comment:

o_leander said...

I love this series. I have no doubt that, if you want to, you will make it back on the road again one day. As you can see already, and many of us can confirm, these young'uns just keep growing up and up and up.