Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sir!

Ethan has been taking Kung Fu classes for the last month or two.  Whenever I tell someone about it, they ask something like, "So how did you get into that?" which I assume is a really polite way of saying, "Um, WHY?"  Understandable.  :)  First of all, there was a contest on one of my favorite local websites, http://www.chambanamoms.com.  Comment on one of their posts, and you are entered into a drawing for a free month of Kung Fu classes.  Why the heck not?  Ethan's a physical kid who doesn't quite know how to move that overly tall bod he's got...it certainly can't do any harm. 

(It doesn't hurt that Ethan has been plagued by a bully at preschool, too.  Both Brian and I shared a guilty, evil laugh at the idea of Ethan sticking up for himself with some of his new skills.  Really, no.... We don't want him to hit or kick or anything.  But he could use a little assertiveness training, and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't thinking of that at the time!)

I have looked forward to Tuesday nights now ever since we started!  Awesome.  The movies on my iPhone aren't really close up, but they are so, so cute.  There are times that he giggles his way through a new move because the instructor, Aaron Chen, is so hilarious and great with kids.  I'm also seeing some of the skills that Ethan doesn't have at this stage of life, and Kung Fu is doing such a great and fun job of teaching him these!  Left vs. right was the first challenge, listening to multiple directions at the same time (especially bowing in - clap, say "Sir!", bow in a certain way...it took him a month to get that down), balancing, etc.  Love it!

No comments: