Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Illinois Marathon

No, I didn't run the whole thing. But I did run the last 6.7 miles (that .7 is very important) of the inaugural Illinois Marathon, held entirely in Champaign-Urbana. Very fun. I'm sore right now, but I really think I could have run farther. It couldn't have been a better day! It was of course very different doing this now compared to doing it pre-baby. For one, Brian had serious duties this time - on other races I've run, he's accompanied me to the starting line, then said something helpful like, "I'll see you at the finish. I'm going out for pancakes and hot chocolate." Punk. But when Ethan is a little older, maybe even next year, I think that Brian and I may do some of this together in some way, which will be great. He'll just have to slow his speedy pace for his wife.

And the cute boys picked me up after it was all done - here's Ethan with his tired but very happy mom when we headed back to get my car:

He's showing his pride in me by chewing on his fingers. He's proud of me a lot these days. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, i'm not just proud, but AMAZED by you! you go girl!!!