Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Raised by Wolves

Ethan-boy has four doggie cousins. Two that belong to his Aunt Andrea, and two that belong to Gramma Judy and Grampa Bob. He is getting to know those particular dogs very well, since I am constantly bringing him by my parents' house for visits or calling them to go for walks in the park with us. At first, Ethan was a very serious boy when confronted by the whining, jumping, howling Huskies. Now, however, he's getting into the spirit of things!
I have to admit that having them lick him is not my favorite thing. :) They're cute dogs, but that's still doggie drool all over my little kid. But he'll start giggling and smiling, and gets happier the closer those dogs get to licking him on the face. I do draw the line there...

And he's a sitting up boy now! He will occasionally topple backwards or to the side, but I think sometimes that's for fun, when I'm sitting behind him or there's a big pillow there. I can't believe how much new stuff he's doing these days - sitting up, ready to sprout some more teeth (forecasted by the rivers of drool), giggling, and grabbing everything in sight. I think he's even getting used to the outdoors, which is fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! look at him sit up! amazing how fast they change.