Sunday, September 6, 2009

Be careful what you wish for!

I apologize to all of you out there who are waiting anxiously for the next picture of Ethan - recently, most of my time with him has been spent with my hands trying to protect his little diapered behind.

Ethan is moving all over the place. And he's almost always moving toward something we don't want him to have - oh, the plants (choking hazard), an exposed cord (yanking hazard), or the cats (clawing hazard).
And then there are our floors. I never thought I was a neat freak, but I didn't think I lived in filth - but having the little boy all over them is making me so paranoid! With the four cats tracking in cat litter, we are vacuuming all the time and have plans to shampoo the carpets ASAP. But we are so delighted that he has found this new independence that we don't want to hold him back too much...

His favorite way of giving his mother a heart attack this weekend is to pull up on something, cruise a few steps, turn, and then LET GO. He has such a false sense of security, which I'm sure I've helped along, since every time he falls, I catch him just before he smushes his face or breaks an arm.

Whew.

He is such a delightful, happy boy! We've had such fun recently taking him outside and playing with him since the weather is so wonderful. (And there aren't any cords or hard corners outside.) He is at this great stage where he loves taking things out...out of the drawers, out of the hampers, out of boxes...so recently, I took an old lidless tub and filled it with little toys, balls, etc. It was a hit! He takes it all out, I put it all back in, he takes it all out...repeat as necessary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go, ethan boy! build up those white blood cells!