Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wild Man

Well, it's been a wild few weeks with Mr. Ethan! First of all, the boy is getting yet another tooth...or two. And this one is not coming without a fuss! Poor little boy, "cutting a tooth" really means that those little sharp things have to push their way through his little gums, and I think we're all glad that we can't remember how that feels. But I can't figure out if it's going to be just one or several...he's got a couple little bumps on his gums that look like they're ready for business.

Besides that, he is so ready to crawl! Since he's had such strong legs from a very early age, there was some discussion among the family that he might walk before crawling. However, he walks like a drunken sailor, and only with lots and lots of hand holding, of course. :) I think he either needs to work on his balance or lay off the vodka. He's been much happier on his belly these days, because he's learned to go from a sitting position to his stomach, inch his way along the floor, roll when he wants to go sideways, and even get on to his hands and knees and rock front to back! That is so funny to watch...Today, I tried to capture the experience, but he loves the camera so much (yikes) that he would usually stop whatever he was doing when he knew I was taking a picture. So I just put the camera on the floor, watched him squirm toward it, and took mystery pictures. They are better than I could have imagined! (Cue the music to Jaws...)

Brian and I are totally encouraging this crawling thing while not having done more than the barest childproofing around the house. I have a feeling that we'll be doing it in a huge rush very soon!

No comments: