Thursday, November 5, 2009

One-man Wrecking Crew


He's cute, that's for sure. He has the attention span of a gnat, and is alternately giddy and fussy, but he sure is cute. And it's a good thing!

Ethan has turned into Destructo Boy lately. It doesn't help that he can move around so darn quickly, too. He can walk a few steps at a time (!!!) but is a much faster crawler, so he spends maybe 90 seconds on one thing, then another, then another...I'm getting my exercise following him around and picking up after him!

(By the way, Ethan doesn't wear the stormy shirt every day. I just happen to get camera-happy when he wears it for some reason! I especially like the off-the-shoulder look he's sporting in this one.)

The funniest new development that I've noticed recently is that he absolutely understands what "No" means. He heads for the cat food, "No!" He starts digging in the plant, "No!" Today after heading for the cats' water bowl, he heard it again and stopped. (What a good boy! Sort of...) He tried about 2 more times and got the same reaction before he started whimpering. I laughed out loud. (I'm sure I'm not supposed to laugh when my child whimpers, but it's just so hard not to. :) )

No comments: