Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Well (fed) Baby

Today was Ethan's official 15 month Well Baby appointment. (I hate to say it, but I really look forward to these! I get to find out how much he weighs, how long he is, and I get to show off my good-looking son to all of the nurses and our favorite pediatrician.) He's grinning at himself in the office mirror here, so he apparently agrees with me that he's the cutest boy ever:
Ethan is, as we already knew, HUGE. 34.5 inches long (97th percentile) and 29.1 pounds (94th percentile). His doctor made fun of me (again) for worrying about his weight when he was a little skinny guy at 6 months. (I know, I know...)

What we did spend a little time talking about was Ethan's ears. They're very cute, of course :), but he's been digging in them for several months and has had at least 2 ear infections since December (I say "at least" because we find out about them when we see the doctor for something completely unrelated - "Oh, and this ear is infected, too!"). We've had the ENTs check him out a few times, and there has been lots of fluid in there for awhile. So it's time for tubes for Mr. Ethan. While it's surgery, and I hate the thought, it will take about 5 minutes to do, and Ethan goes home with us as soon as he's all done. In his doctor's words, "You won't even have time for a cup of coffee." :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tubes were the end of alan's ear infections!

Cynthia said...

I brought all kinds of stuff to do at Charlotte's tube surgery and didn't get to any of it. It really is so fast. It's the pre-surgery stuff that takes forever! I can say that after this week, the tubes are doing their job. No pain--just goop running from her ears (gross, I know:) I can't believe how big Ethan is! He's about 3 inches and 5 pounds bigger than Charlotte. And he's pretty much the cutest boy I've ever seen:)

o_leander said...

That boy is awesome :-) as are his parents!