Saturday, March 27, 2010

TV

I'm sorry, American Academy of Pediatrics. I know that you recommend that kids under the age of two don't watch any television, but we've disobeyed your recommendations on a daily basis for quite awhile. I am now on my third round of antibiotics for strep throat (ick!) and Ethan just tested positive, too! (Brian's escaped it somehow - whew!) So we've been contagious, cooped up, and coping by watching a little Baby Einstein almost every day.

I don't expect that these videos will make Ethan smarter, but I have to say, they're so CUTE! And a really good excuse to snuggle on the couch with the little boy - he's so active these days that he'll get worn out and fussy, and a little quiet time is kind of nice. And we've been challenged to find productive things to do - I'm not nearly as imaginative as I need to be to keep this little boy busy! Today we:
  1. Made a tent out of the kitchen table and a sheet
  2. Walked around our backyard and grabbed the little flags that the power company put in
  3. Learned how to stick our finger up our nose (Brian and I sat that one out)
  4. Took all of the laundry out of the dryer, then took the folded laundry out of the basket and threw it all over the floor
  5. Chased cats repeatedly
(That all took about 20 minutes.)

Neither one of us is contagious anymore, thank goodness, so we'll be able to get out and about tomorrow without issue!

No comments: