Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day #2

Happy Mother's Day, Moms! I had a lovely day with the boys and my folks! I woke up to this: (I was encouraged to rest in bed while Brian got Ethan up and fed him...)

And then supervised Ethan "helping" Brian unload the dishwasher:
I even have a picture that shows the two men vacuuming, but it's pretty blurry! Ethan does love his vacuum cleaner....This one is much better:
My mom and dad were over this morning for a late breakfast. I am always a little nervous cooking for my mother, since she is the consummate chef! Gourmet magazines all over her house.... But I made my first quiche, and it didn't turn out too badly. (No one has reported any food poisoning, anyway...) Then, we all took early naps, which was wonderful! And after that, we took the Ethan-boy to Meadowbrook Park. This little boy is much braver than his parents, and thinks that he is much older than 18 1/2 months! He wants to slide down the big slides (which we let him do, adding to our gray hairs), climb up the big structures (narrowly avoiding the other crazy kids there), and run everywhere. He has learned to run well, which is just so darned cute - he's kind of bouncy, and really fast! Yesterday, since it was pretty nasty weather here, we went to the mall for a while, and there's a little play area for kids. The kids there are nuts, but Ethan held his own pretty well! Brian and I kept a very close eye on him at all times, and had a hard time watching for fear that other kids would run right into him, or fall on him, or whatever, but he was having such a great time we couldn't leave until we were way past dinner time! We'll have to do more of that - he fell asleep right away, and slept in until after 6 this morning. :)

No comments: