Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ethan Reads!

This is a seriously proud moment for two parents. I know that this is almost certainly a phase, and Ethan may decide that books are annoying and uncool sometime in the near future, but until then...I'll revel in this.

One new development of Ethan's is wanting to take things to bed. Not stuffed animals - books. Our bedtime routine includes a book right before bed, and he now wants to grab a book and take it with him. (A pretty funny discussion ensued between Brian and me at this. Brian: "It's too dark in there. I think we need to give Ethan a night light." Me: "What, you think he's actually reading?!") It's just so sweet to see this little boy, who used to fight sleep tooth and nail, run (yes, run) off to bed at night with a little book in his hands. The video below shows Ethan's post-breakfast activity this morning. As we cleaned up the kitchen, he occupied himself for a little bit. (And you should know that I do occasionally clothe the little guy. It's just so hot these days that I can't see putting clothes on him until we go out and society expects it!)

No comments: