Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Quiz: Think of a two digit number where the two digits add to 12, it's a multiple of 3, and the ones digit is three times the tens digit. If you worked through the math, congratulations, you know how old I am. If you didn't have the energy or simply didn't care, thank you. :)

Great weekend, though! My folks came over for waffles and bacon (yum) and brought my gift - an apple pie (yum) and Brian unveiled my birthday cake (yum!). So it's been good eatin' at the Jones-Jewett household for a few days here.
And Valentine's Day isn't a bad way to start a week, either. I was a little surprised when Ethan's teacher handed me a list of names on Friday - isn't the 2 year old room a little young for Valentine's cards??? But apparently they had made containers (fingerpainted on bags - kind of cute) for some treats, so I had to do something. Enter the crafty blogosphere, and an hour and a half later, Ethan's class had some cute little bags for fruit snacks! I've been wanting to pull out my sewing machine for awhile now, and this gave me just the perfect excuse. So easy and so fun.
(It's good that I'm doing this now when Ethan has 9 classmates as opposed to someday when he has 25 of them. :)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday! I did the math, but you look much younger than that:) I see on the side that you are making a quiet book. It's on my crafty wish list, so you'll have to let me know how it goes. My mom made ones for us when we were little and I loved it (and still remember half the pages). Someday...someday...I haven't been crafty for a while:) One of my fave crafty blogs has a tutorial for quiet books too if you're looking for more ideas:
http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/07/quiet-book-templates.html