Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Eda's Friends

Just today, I realized a sad thing. Ethan's Mama and Daddy are just not quite enough for him. I'm afraid that somehow, two fairly shy people have created an outgoing, multiple friend-making, stranger-disarming little boy who wants to be around many, many, many other people besides his parents. Examples to follow:

1. Ethan's Grammy Barbara (aka "Mimi") came and stayed with us for the weekend. Besides being a wonderful guest to have, she put the Ethan-boy in a pretty delightful mood - so much so that he is still asking for her and checking Brian's study to see if she's there. We totally wore her out - our favorite outing was probably the "round and round" at the mall, but the car trip to and from was apparently just as fun for these two:
While she was here, Ethan could be overheard saying the following things, which I'm not sure we'll hear again until she comes back: "Sweetie pie", "Thank you", and "Eda is funny!" You sure are, kid. :)

2. Ethan loves daycare. I am still not working full time, so I do get to pick him up earlier than I might otherwise be able to, but it's so nice to know that he is incredibly happy there! So happy, in fact, that when I got him today, he was happy to see me...BUT cried all the way home when he realized I wasn't going to stay and play. "My friends...my friends!" The whole way home. (OK, not the whole way home. About a half a mile away from our house I started singing to try to calm him down. "No singing, Mama." Oh, well.) For those of you who are having babies in Urbana, or who know people having babies, OR maybe you just want to check out the snazzy new website they have:

http://www.theccdc.org/

There used to be the cutest picture of Ethan in one of the galleries, but I can't find it now.

3. Last but not least, Elmo is still a fave. This weekend, while convincing Ethan that he needed a new diaper, I was convinced by Ethan that Elmo also needed one. Since I wasn't about to waste a perfectly good disposable on a stuffed monster, Elmo is wearing cloth these days. (He's a very eco-conscious monster.) Elmo stayed with Ethan all day Saturday - diaper changes, naps, and we even took Elmo for a walk around the neighborhood. (That ended very quickly when Elmo kept getting thrown into the street, where Ethan wanted to lay down on top of him giggling. Yes, I said in the street.) Snack time was a little more relaxing:


(By the way, those are NOT Cheetos that Ethan is snacking on. Those are Gerber tomato crackers. Totally different. :)

No comments: