Monday, August 29, 2011

Real Food: Day 1

It's all Brian's sister's fault. She liked this site on Facebook, which forced me to look at it, which hooked me into planning a 10 day stretch of only real food. When I mentioned it to Brian, he was dubious. I think he said, "I don't want to eat nothing but sprouts for 10 days." :)

So I didn't force him into a full 10 days. I usually pack breakfast and lunch and take it to work, so that's easy enough for me to eat real on my own. However, everything I cook at night will be "real," so he'll get 1/3 of the effects of it.

This morning, blueberry banana pancakes. That was kind of a cheat, since I used non-real syrup and white flour. So I may have to add an extra real breakfast to this week to make up for that. But those pancakes were darned good. Even Ethan ate one! Lunch was a sandwich from our health food store, and dinner was farmer's market stir fry. Not bad!

I have to say, though, that I am dying for a Diet Coke. This is going to be harder than I thought! I like chemicals in my food. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just because i "liked" the site doesn't mean i can do it!! me, i'm just putting my toe in the water - going for things that have 5 or less ingredients, shopping at the local farmers' stands, making simpler meals.