Monday, August 5, 2013

Time Flies!

Yeah, yeah....MONTHS is longer than I've ever gone without blogging before, but does my first semester as a PhD student count as an excuse?  If not, oh, well....

I've been thinking a lot lately about how time flies, and this past semester is no exception.  Wow.  Can't believe it's August already, or that Brian and I have been married for 8 years, OR that Ethan is about to turn FIVE in a couple of months!  Sometimes we say that he's four going on eighty, but that's a posting for later.  Much to catch up on.

On a recent trip to the beach, I was noticing how different the "baby" is compared to other years we've gone.  Case in point:
Compared to:
Those photos were taken three years apart.  How is that possible?!  Or....
Also taken three years apart.  (Sigh.)  My little boy is growing up.

Speaking of, his fifth (!) birthday is at the end of October, and there is no discussing his party theme this year - he has been deeply into the superhero world for almost a year now.  His favorites change hourly, if not more often, and I am learning more about Marvel and DC Comics than I ever thought was possible!  I recently repainted the kiddo's room in blue and red (we had to negotiate him down from red, blue and yellow - ugh) and it looks pretty good!  I made some curtains with cheapo Batman fabric, and am hoping to do some closet door decorating as well as hooks on the wall for all of his many superhero costumes.  I'll post pics in another year when I get back to the blog again.  :)

No comments: