Thursday, October 9, 2008

BIG Baby

Well, not that big yet, but the potential is there...According to the most recent sonogram, right now I have a baby of average full-term weight - 7 pounds, 7 ounces, and I still have three weeks to go! If he keeps going at the rate he is, we're looking at 9-10 pounds.

I get absolutely no sympathy from my mother who 1) had an almost-10 pound baby - that would be me, 2) didn't have any drugs, 3) didn't even yell, and was in fact annoyed by the other women delivering near her who were screaming their lungs out! Sorry, Mom, but that will probably be me, and I don't think that the rooms at Carle are soundproofed. A friend suggested that we buy Brian some earplugs. Good thought.

The good news is that the sonographer did say that he "looks happy in there." ??? I have no idea what she means by that, but apparently he's doing his practice breathing thing, he's certainly developing well, etc. I'd post a sonogram picture, but he's so scrunched up in there it's hard to tell what's what! And my doctor is pretty happy, too. She wants me to keep drinking lots of water to keep my fluid levels up, but otherwise things are going well.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I love your blog! I can't wait to keep checking it for pictures of baby Ivan:)