Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting ready for "the change"


No, not that change. And I'm not even referring to Obama's slogan!

I'm talking about how much things are going to change pretty soon - which is really a great thing. And even though I'm not sure that I adjust to change right away, who does??? The big question that I get from everyone these days is, "So, are you ready?" I'm never sure how to answer that! The bassinet and nursery are all ready, we have the car seat installed and an appointment to have it checked out, clothes are washed and put away, and I've even started stocking the freezer. But are we really ready? It's nice to hear from people who have done this before, "Oh, no one is ever really ready to be a new parent." Whew.

Everything looks great at this point. I had my last ultrasound today, and saw this kid actually stick out his tongue, which was really very exciting. (Brian says he's preparing for temper tantrums, when he'll be sticking his tongue out at us a lot.) I'm very spoiled at having had lots of opportunities to see pictures of him as he's grown!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Alexis, he really is adorable! Congratulations!