Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ethan loves his dad!

It's pretty bad that I've put more pictures up of the cats than of Brian...so I'll try to remedy that appropriately. While Brian and I heard horror stories about what having children would do to our relationship - "You'll never have a conversation again!" or "Going to a bookstore? That's all over with now...", we've done OK so far. Better than OK, I'd say, and I give most of the credit to Brian for that. I've had a very hard time leaving Ethan for any period of time. Even sometimes to go to the other room and take a nap, which is pretty sad given the need for sleep at this point in our lives. But Brian has repeatedly encouraged me to take as much time as possible during the day or even in the middle of the night and depend on him to take care of things, and he's still working! (And working hard, with the end of the semester approaching.) I never expected him to be the father who spoke of "babysitting" his son (if it's your kid, it's not babysitting!), but I'm really touched and impressed by how much he's been able to help me handle lately.


(And I'm not sure how much he checks this blog - we'll see when he gets embarrassed! :) )

No comments: