Saturday, March 21, 2009

Slow down, Ethan!

Ethan-boy has had quite the week! On Tuesday, I was remarking to a friend at work that Ethan hadn't yet turned over. Apparently Ethan took that as a challenge and flipped from his tummy to his back the next afternoon. (He had actually done it the day before at daycare, but I'm glad she forgot to mention it to me - then I could pretend that he was just waiting to demonstrate this accomplishment to his mother!) It was kind of funny how he seemed to be a little taken aback by it - he kind of looked surprised, but then just started playing on his back. :)

This afternoon, when I put him in his crib for a nap, he started the usual squirming, and flipped onto his side. But the squirming didn't end there; he flipped right onto his stomach! Argh. I went in, turned him onto his back, and left the room again. It took him about 2 1/2 minutes to do the same thing, but this time, as I watched him on the monitor, he lifted his head, pushed up with his arms, and flipped to his back again. He spent the next few minutes going back and forth like that, but eventually ended up on his side for a short nap. (I'm telling you, this kid is going to give me gray hairs by the time he's eight....months.)

And last but not least, he still wants to put absolutely everything in his mouth, including my arm, hand, fingers, etc. Today he got a good grip on my finger and led it straight to his mouth - I haven't done that in such a long time that I was surprised by the hard ridge I felt. No, not a tooth already!? Yep, he's got a little white tooth poking out in front. I'm sure that not every tooth will come in with as little fussing as this one did - I wasn't expecting this milestone to come so quickly!

Too many new developments this week, I've decided. :) Ethan just has to slow his pace a little and space these things out for his parents! It's rolling over and teeth one week, asking for car keys the next!

No comments: