Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone has had a very merry whatever you're celebrating! We are done with Christmas Parts I and II - the Cinci version as well as our celebration here at home. Here are a few pics of Ethan's exciting weekend:
These are two favorites! Brian wanted to get him this big tent and tunnel, and the baby went totally nuts. We haven't actually opened the rest of his gifts yet, because he was just crazy in love with this one and didn't want to leave his new house. Elmo was my mom's addition, and it's the first time that Brian and I have seen Ethan get attached to any stuffed animal. Ethan put Elmo down for a nap today, fed him, and twirled him in Brian's office chair. Here's a little video of Ethan with his new love, though you'll find that the very patient cat is a little bit of a distraction:

Ethan also had a fantastic time with the Jewetts in Cincinnati. He was on incredibly good behavior, though I think I may have said the words, "No," "Careful," and "Be gentle" about a million times. He's a good listener, though. :) And totally charmed his Aunt Kim and Grammy Barbara. He will no longer let me pull on his little ticklish toes for "This little piggy went to market..." anymore. Aunt Kim does it way better. I tried today, and he went all through our house calling for her.
As I'm sure it's been with everyone else out there, December has been a little nuts. As I worked on preparing for our cookie party (which was great - thanks to everyone who came!), or making/shopping for small holiday gifts, or wrapping like a fiend, Brian reminded me, "This is fun, RIGHT?" And it is. Busy, but really fun. I kind of fell in love with the process of making or shopping locally for holiday gifts. I was in luck that my mom made me swear we weren't exchanging gifts this year, and that Brian's family is also really low-key. (One of his nephews wrote us a letter as a Christmas gift, and it was fantastic - one of the best things we received.) I think I'll do this kind of thing every year from now on, but I need to broaden my skill set. I'll work on it and keep you all posted. :)

No comments: