Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year, Same Me

New Year's Eve! Brian and I celebrated Noon Year's Eve with Ethan at the library this afternoon. We can claim that our early partying was due to the fact that we have a baby, but honestly, I haven't been able to stay up past 11:00 for a good long time now. Yes, I am that lame.

I like New Year's Eve in one way, but kind of hate it in another. I like thinking of a brand new year beginning, one that is full of possibilities...but I truly hate the "New Year, New You" crap that is all over the place. I'm more aware than anyone that I have lots of room to improve myself, but I think it's kind of insulting to imply that we all need to drop 10 pounds every January, or that we have to reinvent ourselves somehow every year. Oh, well. I just thought I should let all of you know to expect the same flawed person come January 1. :)

Ethan, however, does have a resolution - to talk more! We are hearing so much more from him these days, and I think a ton of it is due to his new and improved tubes. He came through the surgery last week like a champ (again), and didn't even cry at all afterwards...until I took away his snacks so that we could go out and get some real food.
Here's a sampling of his new and improved conversational abilities:
"Mama....mo cheess!" Cheese is still #1.
"Appeesas...peess." Applesauce please. Usually with "sin" - cinnamon.

No comments: