Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Current Life with His Majesty Sir Ethan

It's been awhile since I've posted, but not so long since I've taken millions of pictures. He's really looking like a little boy now, "a real baby," my sister would say. :) And he is just full of personality, which is really funny to see. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of toddler, young child, and even teenager (yikes) he develops into to see if I can tie any of his later behaviors to those we're seeing right now.
For example, the changing table used to be the happiest place on earth. (Disney has to share that title for a little while, anyway...) That was because our former routine was sleep, wake, diaper change, food! The food being the high points of his day, always... So whenever we put him on the changing table, even when he was at his worst, he would immediately stop and become Happy Delightful Boy. But in the last week or so, I haven't changed him every time I've gotten up with him at night; I've been trying to shorten the times he's up so that we might end up making a transition to longer stretches of sleep...Ha! Now, the association he seems to have is sleep, wake, FOOD...the diaper is so unnecessary! So the changing table has now become the torture table - it's no use now to get up with him and change him without waking Brian, he can absolutely tell from the next room (and maybe down the block) when Ethan assumes the position. :)

And his neck is almost ready for business! (Brian says I've been saying this for weeks, which is true, but it really is now!) Some of Brian's work friends gave us some really high quality hand-me-downs, one of which is a Jumperoo - and all he has to do is be able to hold his head up to use it. I'm dying to give him a try in this, because he's been pumping his legs like crazy for months now, and I just know he'll have a blast in that thing. My folks say that the Jolly Jumper was my favorite as a kid, so maybe he gets it from me...

No comments: