Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Squirminator, Part 2

I'm such a bad mother...Brian and I are accustomed enough to Ethan's moods now to find some of them absolutely hilarious. Rather than, "Oh, honey, what's wrong?" we're now yelling, "Get the camera, this is hilarious!" Examples follow:
I don't know if you can see clearly enough on that last one to tell that 1) he has squirmed his way down the sleeping wedge we place him on so carefully, 2) he has worked his way completely out of our nice little swaddling blanket, and 3) his escapee legs are in between the crib slats - Brian and I woke up to him kicking the wall by his bed. That's my boy. :)

I should have snapped a photo today after a short nap, when he really almost turned over. His head was completely twisted to the side, and so was the top half of his body, but not the rest of him. Brian and I are being much more diligent about tummy time now that he's threatening us with a flip onto his stomach. Yikes. Luckily for us, Ethan seems to really really like being on his stomach, so this is a fun part of the day for all of us!

In adult news, Brian and I are both officially back to work on Monday. We have a wonderful daycare provider set up - an Urbana School District parent, actually, who lives only two blocks from us. I actually taught her stepdaughter several years ago - small world. While Brian and I are both quite comfortable with her and she comes highly recommended, I'm still feeling pretty funny about someone else taking care of Ethan for the day! (I'm not sure why, since I'm still learning how to work this kid and I'm sure she will do a tremendous job.) I'm guessing that Ethan will make the transition very well...we'll have to see about his parents, though!

No comments: