Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the making....

What a day! I was able to watch part of the inauguration at work today, thanks to the cable set up and a nice SMARTboard at work. Brian and the little guy watched it at home, and I can't wait to tell him when he gets older what a day this was. Ethan expressed his political preference way back when he was just 1-2 weeks old....
But it wasn't official until today. I'm not surprised to hear that at local schools there were huge audiences that remained silent save for occasional applause and tears. I'm so glad that Illinois is getting some positive press for our Senators, considering how well our governors have been representing us in the last few years!

Boyo is just about 3 months old - his "birthday" is this Friday, but he turned 12 weeks old last Thursday. And while Brian and I are sure that the only pattern in his sleep behavior is that there is no pattern, I think we're turning some corners - he takes some naps, he is making the cutest noises (our conversations with the boy are very funny), and his neck is almost ready for prime time. I think he is getting a little interested in some toys, too, which I have been waiting for! As he gripped one today, I played the ridiculous mom and took many, many pictures to capture the "moment".

No comments: