Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Gramma Judy!

I feel quite safe in posting this time, since my mother NEVER reads this blog. I've tried to convince her that it's just a collection of cute photos of her grandson, but somehow that's too hard. :)
This is my lovely mother next to my lovely sister as we were getting ready for our first helicopter ride in Hawaii a couple of years ago. Mom is great about having her picture taken in that she will almost always pose with a ridiculous face.
Here she is with a favorite cat of mine - a true animal lover, my mother is. She prefers dogs over cats at this point, but Joey doesn't seem to mind. :)
She is quite the doting grandmother - I have never heard her so excited as the morning I called her to tell her Ethan had (finally) been born. (It was kind of a long wait...) She has also forced Brian and myself to get out of the house on a regular basis, and she and my dad babysit weekly for us. This picture was taken during Ethan's fairly long (or at least it felt that way!) nap strike - she had just rocked him to sleep in the glider and then stayed in that position for who knows how long so he wouldn't wake up.
Awww...... (Wow, does he look different now!)

So Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you! I know you went to the Galapagos for the last two weeks so you could avoid celebrating your XXth birthday. You can run, but you can't hide. We WILL celebrate it when you get back into town!

No comments: