Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there! We had a great weekend - the weather was perfect, Ethan-boy was in a fantastic mood, and we had my parents join us for a Mother's Day brunch this morning. I was really hoping to have some great pictures of Ethan interacting with his grandparents, but he slept through the entire brunch! (Apparently his Mother's Day presents to me were his two seriously long naps. :) ) Since I don't have pictures from today, I'm going to highlight mom pictures anyway!

This is my mom and dad a week or two after Ethan was born - we had some unseasonably warm weather in early November, so we got the boy outdoors early! What was really funny was that at that point in his life, all he wanted to do during the day was sleep (and stay up all night) and my folks were always so disappointed that by the time I met them in the park with His Majesty, the royal eyes were shut!
Ethan, Mom, and me at Christmas time. Ethan doesn't look nearly as enthusiastic about having his picture taken as my mom and I were - digital photography is wonderful, and Brian was snapping pictures right and left that day! He was also such a chunky boy then! It's fun to see how he's changed in a few months.
Ethan and his Grammy Barbara at the end of March - we were really enjoying the gorgeous weather at the beginning of Spring, and she and my sister-in-law Kim have a fantastic deck out behind their house. (You can see that he's wearing the obligatory bib - always has one on, this boy.)

My first Mother's Day - hard to believe! :)

No comments: